Thursday 10 February 2011

Change of direction

Let me start by saying that 0.0 is good, in it's own way it can be also fun. I have lived in Fade for last few months and for the most part it was enjoyable experience. Isk is good, I got to the point where I could easily buy new Maelstrom from corp every week and fit it. My KB stats have significantly improved since I started participating in fleet battles and CTA.

Despite those positives more and more often I have found myself sitting in the station spinning ships rather than having fun, something wasn't right. I came to realisation that my living in Fade was a bit like having secure, well paid employment. Since I have a fairly secure and reasonably well paid employment outside the game I wasn't necessary looking for one in the game, it was time for me to move on.

So I started considering my options. My play style doesn't really fit well in corp/alliance 0.0 life, I tend to go afk suddenly and for long periods often without warning, sometimes I don't log in for days. While hunting in small fleets or large scale CTA are often fun, nothing gives me as much buzz as going solo.

In my last days I ignored CTA and fleet ops and mainly went out solo wandering in Fountain, while I didn't score any kills it was more enjoyable than sitting for an hour on the POS waiting for bridge. Decision was made, I am moving out of 0.0. Still without clear direction as of what I will be doing in EVE I started moving my assets to Torrinos. I managed to move about 15 ships and 4 Hoarders filled with various crap, whole operation took me about a week and I made it without a scratch. It really is surprising how people are able to die to a gate camp in Torrinos, someone even lost Orca warping directly from station and landing in a bubble gate, I just sat in my Hoarder out of the grid shaking my head in disbelief, camp was even announced on local intel channel.

I left my corp, thanked guys for fun times and wished them all the best. For few days I was even thinking about selling my character, my skills are all over the place, I am a Jack of all trades but I decided to focus on one thing. I did put myself on character Bazaar, there was couple of offers, money earned from sale would allowed me to train new char to reasonable skill levels for free but in the end I decided not to sell.

I ended up building 5 rifters with my industrial alt and have drawn rough plan to go to local low sec and attack anything that comes my way. I started in small low sec pocket few jumps away from my new home in Dresi. 5 people in local all from the same corp and nothing on directional, almost certainly corp of industrial alts. As I scouted neighbouring systems I stumped upon this Bestower who was too slow picking PI goods from a planet.

Feeling very smug that I killed defenseless industrial I went ahead sightseeing neighbouring low sec systems, in Dehrokh 3 Hulks warped off the belt as I landed on it, I need to be quicked with scanning next time. I went towards Genesis region more to get the feel of the place than to fight, its a quiet place but I have seen couple of ships disappearing from directional soon after my arrival, there is a definitely a chance to catch something here, Ill be back for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment