Saturday 12 February 2011

First Steps

Day after loosing Rifter No 1 I headed for Genesis region again. Bordan and neighbouring systems were disappointingly empty and quiet and I quickly jumped to Dom-Aphis. There was only 2 other pilots in the system, both with high sec status, I checked killboards and they appeared to be harmless with only few kills from 0.0 blob fights. One of the pilots in Caracal was few kilometers from gate, he locked my Rifter but I ignored him knowing that shooting me here would be his suicide.

My Ship was slowly orbiting gate as I gathered info on those 2 pilots, suddenly red blinking light on console waked me up. Caracal pilot send volley of his rockets in my direction, gate cannons responded immediately and I had just a couple of seconds to stop this criminal from escaping. Luckily he was only about 5km away from me, almost instinctively my fingers landed on console and engaged warp scrambler, at the same time afterburner roared with full power sending my Rifter on tight orbit around now almost certainly doomed Caracal pilot.

Memories of my previous unfortunate encounter on this gate were somewhere at the back of my mind but this was completely different set of circumstances. Caracal was alone and he was much weaker than Rapier, my only worry was that this Rifter had active dual armour rep rep fit and if this Caracal has neutraliser he can mess up with my plans. His doom was inevitable, combination of my weapons and gate cannons was ripping through his shields, he didn't have neutraliser and soon met his inevitable end. Pilot warped out in capsule in general direction of the sun and I proceeded with stripping Caracal wreck from remaining valuables.

Towards the end of that quick encounter second pilot in the system landed on gate in a Hawk and looked like he was trying to help me too but as soon as Caracal became a pile of rubble he warped off. My security status was at that point still positive so there was no harm in trying to catch Caracal capsule and convince him to donate some ISK in exchange for not sending him express to cloning bay.

Directional detected Hawk and Capsule in the system, Hawk was more risky but potentially better for my killboard than capsule. He was sitting on a planet and looked rather surprised when I landed on top of him and instantly scrammed and webbed his ship. After meeting little resistance his boat exploded, this time I was quick and held his capsule in my scram. He wasn't interested in funding my pirating fun and was instantly delivered to his clone bay courtesy of yours truly.

First steps were made, for the first time my security status dropped below 0 and I have now officially joined ranks of outlaws of New Eden.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just added you to the EVE Player Blogroll! If you could write a little post and/or tweet about it, I'd appreciate!

    Cheers,

    @CrazyKinux

    ReplyDelete